I shall be away for May: to London to present a seminar paper and to Montreal for a wedding. I shall return with news about poutine and maple sugar.
Although I shall see you, really, in the squeezing of a lemon, I leave you with this from Kinfolk:
And with these:
- Food stamps are better than food banks.
- ‘Greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture would be cut by 25-40% if Europeans cut their meat and dairy consumption by half’.
- Shake Shack seems to be able to pay its employees a living wage.
- What it’s like to be on food stamps.
- ‘The global land grab is a phenomenon against which those whose land is being grabbed seem defenceless.’
- Las Vegas is running out of water.
- Fresh produce is at risk from climate change.
- American apples have been banned in Europe.
- Coffee beans are too expensive for Starbucks.
- Childhood obesity
View original post 269 more words